Arch Words

Reflections on art, politics, parenting, and life in the Midwest

Name: Tess Home: St. Louis

I'm now a graduate student in public health at Washington University in St. Louis... as well as a writer, parent, and teacher. I haven't updated this blog recently, but I may come back to it in the future.


E-mail: tessthompson (at) hotmail (dot) com

Thursday, April 27, 2006

Not much to say today....

.... because I'm frantically getting ready for the Missouri Writers' Guild conference tomorrow. Yes--Kansas City, here I come! I'm meeting with a literary agent for a one-on-one pitch, which would make me nervous if I were thinking about it too much. I still haven't finished revising the first 50 pages of my novel, which I want to print out to take with me; I also have to dig through my wardrobe for some semblance of professional attire. And did I mention the baby has a cold, which may make the babysitting arrangements fall through? Deep breaths, deep breaths....

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

You can tell her that one scene of your novel was so vivid that it made one of your readers have heart palpitations and nearly pass out. I'll vouch for it. (Remember the eye phobia I have?)

Seriously, good luck!

Karen

12:47 PM  
Blogger Milliner's Dream, a woman of many "hats"... said...

I'm dying to hear the outcome...I am just now catching up with this news on Saturday.

I'm jealous in a good way. One of my dreams is to have one of my (currently in the works) novels published someday.

Been buried with school...and have to hit the book again...but I'll check back to see what happened!

Will you remember all of us little people when you're famous? ;)

Hh

1:03 PM  
Blogger Kaela said...

Good luck, Tess!

6:30 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home