Arch Words

Reflections on art, politics, parenting, and life in the Midwest

Name: Tess Home: St. Louis

I'm now a graduate student in public health at Washington University in St. Louis... as well as a writer, parent, and teacher. I haven't updated this blog recently, but I may come back to it in the future.


E-mail: tessthompson (at) hotmail (dot) com

Sunday, April 09, 2006

The Joys of Suburbia


Sometimes owning a house is a pain, but sometimes it's great. The time we spent on maintenance this weekend was draining--but I've been enjoying our flowers. In our back yard, we have a profusion of violets, unplanned and beautiful.




This afternoon, I sat outside on our swing and read my book club book (The Other Boleyn Girl). Birds sang, a breeze blew, and I slowly rocked back and forth. The sky was bright blue.
While the baby napped, I enjoyed being able to spend time outside in my own little corner of the world.

2 Comments:

Blogger Precie said...

Tess--You've inspired me to start carrying my camera around. I've been meaning to take pictures of the tree flowering in front of my house...of the orioles that I see on my drive to work every day...lots of things I keep meaning to capture. I just have to remember to do it.

7:49 AM  
Blogger Carrie Lofty said...

You'll have to do a review of The Other Boleyn Girl and we can compare notes. I'm on The Awakening right now. And yes - isn't it fun to be self-centered (not in the egotism sense but in the "present moment" sense) for just a little bit? Sunshines and spring tends to do that to me.

5:45 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home