Arch Words

Reflections on art, politics, parenting, and life in the Midwest

Name: Tess Home: St. Louis

I'm now a graduate student in public health at Washington University in St. Louis... as well as a writer, parent, and teacher. I haven't updated this blog recently, but I may come back to it in the future.


E-mail: tessthompson (at) hotmail (dot) com

Saturday, July 29, 2006

Death Toe

Death Toe

This toe was already ugly, but then I stubbed it on a beach umbrella this morning. It's weird how injuries accumulate; once you get one they seem to attract others. I have a small bruise and cut on my nose from my young nephew hitting me in the face with a bucket. We rented kayaks and decided (stupidly) to surf them back into the beach and of course mine flipped over and smashed me in the back.

I'm feeling a bit weary and sorry for myself and would like to go home.

3 Comments:

Blogger Tess said...

Ouch!

I wish you a safe trip home.

2:36 PM  
Blogger Rosalinda Vargas said...

Have you heard of Discovery Toys? Check out my web page at www.discoverytoyslink.com/rosalindavargas and see all the FUN educational toys for your son. Oh, about the toe....I know it is painfull.

6:15 PM  
Blogger Milliner's Dream, a woman of many "hats"... said...

I have hit the same toe over and over for two years. Last July I lost the nail, it's grown back, but not "right."

I definitely can identify!

Hh

7:44 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home