Arch Words

Reflections on art, politics, parenting, and life in the Midwest

Name: Tess Home: St. Louis

I'm now a graduate student in public health at Washington University in St. Louis... as well as a writer, parent, and teacher. I haven't updated this blog recently, but I may come back to it in the future.


E-mail: tessthompson (at) hotmail (dot) com

Friday, July 07, 2006

Pennsylvania Flowers I



Continuing my photo series on How I Spent My Summer Vacation, today and Sunday I'll post pictures of the flowers in my parents' garden. The weather here has been beautiful; having lived the past year in Missouri, I can't get over the lack of mosquitoes and humidity in Central Pennsylvania.

Their garden:



Poppies:



I took lots of pictures to get a few close-ups of bees:






In the paths at the edges of their property, there are many different kinds of wildflowers and weeds:



3 Comments:

Blogger Cathy said...

Beautiful pictures! You are quite brave to get that close to those bees!

10:03 AM  
Blogger Linda said...

I love the flower pics.

10:39 AM  
Blogger Kristen Gill, Marketing Manager said...

Just GORGEOUS!! You have a real eye for photography...love the photo essays!

4:01 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home