Arch Words

Reflections on art, politics, parenting, and life in the Midwest

Name: Tess Home: St. Louis

I'm now a graduate student in public health at Washington University in St. Louis... as well as a writer, parent, and teacher. I haven't updated this blog recently, but I may come back to it in the future.


E-mail: tessthompson (at) hotmail (dot) com

Saturday, June 24, 2006

Saturday Art

I finished a painting:

Sleeping and Eating


I showed this as a sketch two months ago

dogs eating


I have one more painting to go and then I start looking for a job.

4 Comments:

Blogger Milliner's Dream, a woman of many "hats"... said...

SOOOO cute!!! I love seeing the work's progression...

So you have been building a portfolio? And what work will you be looking for, Kaela?

Hh

11:04 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Cute! I like it! :) Let us know when the book comes out. :)

6:32 PM  
Blogger Tess said...

That looks great! Are you writing the story to go with it, or just sending out illustrations?

1:16 PM  
Blogger Kaela said...

milliner's dream,
I am working on a portfolio. It's taking me a long time. I hope to get work doing illustrations for children's magazines or books.

tess,

In no way am I writing a story. Apparently, it's helpful to show the same characters doing different things. So I came up with these two dogs and have been making them do stuff. They seem to have personalities, but I don't have a narrative to go with them.

3:28 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home