Squirrel Corn

Last week, I saw dried "Squirrel Corn" for sale at a pet store. The nature center we've been going to has ears of dried corn for the wildlife, so I bought some. When I showed it to Ben, he was excited: "Just like at the nature center!" We hung it on our tree, and today we saw our first squirrel. Delighted, Ben sat on my lap to look out the window. I like seeing him happy about a small, good thing.
Name: Tess
Home: St. Louis
1 Comments:
I've never seen squirrel corn, I'll have to look for it. What a great idea!
As a young Girl Scout, one winter we gathered dried pine corns, coated them in peanut butter and rolled in bird seed. Our leader then [supposedly] hung them out for the squirrels, but I never had the satisfaction of seeing a squirrel eat my treat like Ben did.
Post a Comment
<< Home