Final Haiku
I finished my Fun-A-Day project! Overall, it was a positive experience--even though my inspiration was waning towards the end. Here are the final haiku. If anyone would like to tell me which one from the month you liked best, I'd love to hear it.
1/24/07
Cat sleeps curled in chair.
At night, he sharpens claws, shreds
a box of candy.
1/25/07
images line up,
dutiful, to be counted
into syllables
1/27/07 (for 1/26/07)
days slide away
quickly if you don’t capture
moments in haiku
1/27/07
I need an image;
just one, poignant and lovely.
Lily wilts in vase.
1/29/07 (for 1/28/07)
Again, I forgot
to write. It’s almost as if
I’m sick of these haiku.
1/29/07
Snowmen have shrunk: lumps
of white, coated with leaves, dirt.
They will not see spring.
1/30/07
Hawk glided over
the house, lit on a bare oak.
Their silhouettes merged.
1/31/07
The month ends in gray.
Finished, I turn from my desk,
look out towards the cold.
1/24/07
Cat sleeps curled in chair.
At night, he sharpens claws, shreds
a box of candy.
1/25/07
images line up,
dutiful, to be counted
into syllables
1/27/07 (for 1/26/07)
days slide away
quickly if you don’t capture
moments in haiku
1/27/07
I need an image;
just one, poignant and lovely.
Lily wilts in vase.
1/29/07 (for 1/28/07)
Again, I forgot
to write. It’s almost as if
I’m sick of these haiku.
1/29/07
Snowmen have shrunk: lumps
of white, coated with leaves, dirt.
They will not see spring.
1/30/07
Hawk glided over
the house, lit on a bare oak.
Their silhouettes merged.
1/31/07
The month ends in gray.
Finished, I turn from my desk,
look out towards the cold.
Name: Tess
Home: St. Louis
2 Comments:
I really admire your blogging stamina! :) Loved the haikus!
My favorite was on the 23rd.
"1/23/07
Sunlight shifts: a new
morning slant through trees. Full light,
blue sky promise spring."
This has been a lot of fun to read!
My favorite was the make-up day
"1/18/07 (for 1/17/07)
I forgot to write,
so I try to recreate
yesterday. It’s blank."
Post a Comment
<< Home