Arch Words

Reflections on art, politics, parenting, and life in the Midwest

Name: Tess Home: St. Louis

I'm now a graduate student in public health at Washington University in St. Louis... as well as a writer, parent, and teacher. I haven't updated this blog recently, but I may come back to it in the future.


E-mail: tessthompson (at) hotmail (dot) com

Friday, March 09, 2007

Can you name them?

In honor of my multi-state trip, here's a little game. Click here to see if you can name all 50 states in under 10 minutes. Confession: I missed one that starts with M (but not the one in which I live).

5 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'm definitely a geography nut, so I couldn't resist. (finished in 1:16 with 8:44 left on the clock!)
--Christian Left

5:57 AM  
Blogger Carrie Lofty said...

I'm one of the cheaters who learned the song in 5th grade (as part of our school musical). I do them all in alphabetical order. Quick time -- something like 1:44. Typing "Pennsylvania" wonks me up. But I can say them in under 35 seconds :)

7:29 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Got my 50th in -- Delaware -- with three seconds left on the clock. Got the first 48 in 6 minutes or so, Wisconsin took a few minutes after that.

Flyover country (I keed!) was surprisingly easy (except Wisconsin, natch.) It figures I almost missed a state I can almost *see* from where I'm sitting.

9:02 AM  
Blogger Tess said...

Christian Left, did you decide not to get a gmail account? How on earth did you finish in under 2 minutes?

2:09 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'll probably register with Google, I just haven't gotten around to it yet.

I did finish in 1:16, really...in part because I can type pretty fast (as anyone who has read through my one of my overly wordy blog entries can attest). Two other contributing factors: When I was a kid, my favorite toy was a 50 states map puzzle, so I can easily visualize exactly where all the states are. It's almost as deeply ingrained in my head as the English language. Plus, even now as an adult my favorite book (no joke!) is the Rand McNally North America Road Atlas. I spend countless hours reading it and dreaming of future road trips.
--CL

8:59 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home