Arch Words

Reflections on art, politics, parenting, and life in the Midwest

Name: Tess Home: St. Louis

I'm now a graduate student in public health at Washington University in St. Louis... as well as a writer, parent, and teacher. I haven't updated this blog recently, but I may come back to it in the future.


E-mail: tessthompson (at) hotmail (dot) com

Monday, March 05, 2007

Writing Seriously

This weekend at a workshop, we were invited to brainstorm characteristics of a serious writer. Here's my list:

A serious writer...
  • engages with the world in a vigorous and interesting way
  • writes often
  • revises
  • finds ways to share her or his work with others
Do my readers have anything to add?

* * *

As a side note, a photo of mine is picture of the month on the St. Louis Writer's Guild web site. You saw it first here at Arch Words!

1 Comments:

Blogger Cathy said...

Congratulations on the featured photograph! It's beautiful!

11:21 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home