Birthday Eve
Yesterday when Ben came in from day care, he rushed into the kitchen and said, "Mommy, mommy, I got you a present!" He was jumping up and down and started to tell me what it was, but I put my hands over my ears.
Tomorrow I turn 31. Last year, turning 30 precipitated a crisis (since I hadn't met my goal of publishing a novel in my twenties), but 31 seems much more relaxed. I still have 9 more years to publish a novel in my thirties, so there's no rush. It's a little odd to be firmly "in my thirties," though.
Tom laughs at me because I still have a girlish love of presents. The first round arrived yesterday, including this clever shirt from Alia:

I couldn't resist opening it, which works out well since I have ballet class today. (In case you have trouble interpreting the picture, it's a shirt that can only be read looking in the mirror.)
This year is fun because Ben (who insists his birthday is in "Geguary") is just as excited as I am. He starts bouncing a little when he talks about the chocolate cake and ice cream he's going to eat tomorrow.
Tomorrow I turn 31. Last year, turning 30 precipitated a crisis (since I hadn't met my goal of publishing a novel in my twenties), but 31 seems much more relaxed. I still have 9 more years to publish a novel in my thirties, so there's no rush. It's a little odd to be firmly "in my thirties," though.
Tom laughs at me because I still have a girlish love of presents. The first round arrived yesterday, including this clever shirt from Alia:

I couldn't resist opening it, which works out well since I have ballet class today. (In case you have trouble interpreting the picture, it's a shirt that can only be read looking in the mirror.)
This year is fun because Ben (who insists his birthday is in "Geguary") is just as excited as I am. He starts bouncing a little when he talks about the chocolate cake and ice cream he's going to eat tomorrow.
Name: Tess
Home: St. Louis
3 Comments:
hee. i shoulda read your lj before i called.
glad it arrived safely!
:)
me
ps: i finally wore the belly dancing scarf you gave me out of the house for the first time tuesday night-- i was definitely the loudest in class!... had to be more careful, everyone heard it when i goofed...but in a good way... ;>
Happy Birthday Tess!
Where are you taking your ballet class? I was taking a technique class before I moved from CA... I think I still have my shoes, my poor neglected pink shoes...
Kelly
My Birthday is Wednesday and I'm just as excited about presents! I'll be turning 28.
Post a Comment
<< Home