Arch Words

Reflections on art, politics, parenting, and life in the Midwest

Name: Tess Home: St. Louis

I'm now a graduate student in public health at Washington University in St. Louis... as well as a writer, parent, and teacher. I haven't updated this blog recently, but I may come back to it in the future.


E-mail: tessthompson (at) hotmail (dot) com

Monday, March 19, 2007

Spring Flowers

It's time for springtime yardwork. Over the weekend, we bought some flowers for the front porch:



The miniature daffodils have bloomed at the end of the driveway and in front of the house:



Our late frost seems to have stunted most of the hyacinths. This one, however, is doing well:

5 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I keep forgetting that you are now at a very different latitude! We have six inches of snow on the ground. :)

Someday you will have to teach me how to grow flowers. Yours are always so photogenic. :)

7:58 PM  
Blogger Tess said...

How I grow flowers:

Put bulbs in the ground in the fall. Ignore. Enjoy when they come up in the spring.

I haven't had much luck with anything that comes from a seed. I'm a little afraid to try a vegetable garden.

5:27 AM  
Blogger Tess said...

Oh, and here's another strategy:

Buy flowers from the store. Plant them. Try to remember to water them, and hope for the best.

5:28 AM  
Blogger Kristen Gill, Marketing Manager said...

LOVE LOVE LOVE that first flower picture! Thanks for sharing!!!!

PS: my word verification(efiwkh) made me want an Elfwich sandwich cookie...I am feeding a small beast of unhappiness in my stomach lately...sigh...

12:54 PM  
Blogger Cathy said...

Gorgeous flowers!!! I don't believe I've ever seen pink hyacinths!

5:31 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home