Fun-a-Day Recap!
It's me, Mike, again.
As many of you surely know, a bunch of Arch Words regulars (including our beloved host) took part in The Artclash Collective's "Fun-a-Day" project in January. Tess wrote a Haiku, Kaela did a cartoon, and I took a picture. But not just one: one every day.
So this weekend was the big party in West Philadelphia where participants could show off their projects. It was in a surprisingly bright and spacious boxing gym:

Projects were hung on walls, projected on screens, and spread across a dozen tables. Some were simple, others were complex. There were drawings of imaginary pigeons:

And drawings of someone's apartment, accompanied by bible verses:

Tess's haiku looked great:

Although few compared to Felt-Fridge-Magnet-a-Day:

Yes. That's a colony of felt e. coli.
There are more pictures on Flickr, including my contribution. Kaela's book was great, as were our friend Francesca's "My-Day-to-Day-a-Day", and Kaela's Mom's Toy-Cat-Picture-a-Day. Next year I'll pick something easier and devote far more time to the party at the end.
--Mike
As many of you surely know, a bunch of Arch Words regulars (including our beloved host) took part in The Artclash Collective's "Fun-a-Day" project in January. Tess wrote a Haiku, Kaela did a cartoon, and I took a picture. But not just one: one every day.
So this weekend was the big party in West Philadelphia where participants could show off their projects. It was in a surprisingly bright and spacious boxing gym:

Projects were hung on walls, projected on screens, and spread across a dozen tables. Some were simple, others were complex. There were drawings of imaginary pigeons:

And drawings of someone's apartment, accompanied by bible verses:

Tess's haiku looked great:

Although few compared to Felt-Fridge-Magnet-a-Day:

Yes. That's a colony of felt e. coli.
There are more pictures on Flickr, including my contribution. Kaela's book was great, as were our friend Francesca's "My-Day-to-Day-a-Day", and Kaela's Mom's Toy-Cat-Picture-a-Day. Next year I'll pick something easier and devote far more time to the party at the end.
--Mike
Name: Tess
Home: St. Louis
5 Comments:
Thanks, Mike!
Those felt magnets are amazing.
I believe in outsourcing.
So do I. That's why I don't inflict my own Saturday Art on readers. ;)
Just think of me as your very own Bangalore
I was thinking that, but thought maybe it would be unwise to come right out and say it.
Post a Comment
<< Home