Arch Words

Reflections on art, politics, parenting, and life in the Midwest

Name: Tess Home: St. Louis

I'm now a graduate student in public health at Washington University in St. Louis... as well as a writer, parent, and teacher. I haven't updated this blog recently, but I may come back to it in the future.


E-mail: tessthompson (at) hotmail (dot) com

Sunday, September 02, 2007

Butterflies at the Park

We went to the park today for a picnic, and I spent some time trying to get a picture of the butterflies that flit around the flowers. At first, I was frustrated; the butterflies flew in circles without landing, and when they did land, they closed their wings. If I got close to them, they darted off again and spiraled up into the trees.

Their movements had such beauty, though, that I felt my frustration dissipate and instead watched them swoop from playground to flower to blue sky. After taking more than 30 pictures, I finally got two shots I liked:



2 Comments:

Blogger Precie said...

Oooh! Great pics! I can never catch butterflies on camera.

6:40 PM  
Blogger emily said...

GORGEOUS. I love butterflies and find them a great source of inspiration on my healing journey. But, I've never been lucky enough to catch one on camera! Emily

10:10 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home