Arch Words

Reflections on art, politics, parenting, and life in the Midwest

Name: Tess Home: St. Louis

I'm now a graduate student in public health at Washington University in St. Louis... as well as a writer, parent, and teacher. I haven't updated this blog recently, but I may come back to it in the future.


E-mail: tessthompson (at) hotmail (dot) com

Sunday, June 29, 2008

On Vacation


We are on the last day of the mother of all vacations: a trip that lasted over a fortnight and involved stops in many different states. It's probably our last trip for a while (more on the reason why later this week), so we crammed in everything we could: lunch with a friend in Kentucky, an overnight stay in Chapel Hill (as well as a drive past our old apartment), breakfast in Chapel Hill with friends, lunch in Raleigh with more friends, a week in a Duck, NC beach house with other friends, a trip to Lancaster to see the in-laws, and a trip to State College to see my family. (If anyone along this route is reading and we didn't visit you, I sincerely apologize--I wouldn't have been able to do one more thing without having a nervous breakdown.)

I promise to blog more regularly starting in July, but in the meantime here are a few pictures. My talented friend Tonya took a series of family portraits on the beach; here, Ben is making his "flabbergasted" face:



No trip to State College would be complete without a session at the Nittany Lion (and you can see previous years' pictures here and here):



I'm glad we fit in as much as we did, but now I'm ready to go home. We'll be getting home on the 3-year anniversary of our arrival in St. Louis and then promptly launching into the Webster Groves Community Days 4th of July celebration.

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Tessela, you look radiant. Seriously - you're luminous! Hope you settle smoothly into being home.

3:06 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Wow, Sounds like a great trip. We went to Kansas City last week, passed through St Louis and stopped at the zoo. Sometime we'll have to get together for lunch or dinner while we're passing through!

I tried to get pictures of my girls on the lion. Lots of tears were shed, it wasn't pretty, they just don't see the lion the same way :(

5:37 AM  
Blogger Counting_Blessings said...

Great pics.. I agree, you look wonderful in the pictures !!!

7:08 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home