Beautiful Summer

This summer has been cooler and more pleasant than the other three we've spent in St. Louis--we've only had a few days with the heat index over 100! Recently I took advantage of the weather to go to the Botanical Garden--alone. I've decided I should seize any opportunity for solitude in the next few months, since this baby is much more portable than she'll be come December.
The gardens are now filled with cheerful mosaic sculptures, many of which are designed to be touched and climbed on. When Ben and I visited a few weeks ago, he didn't hesitate to clamber up on them or run his hands over them, but by myself I felt more inhibited.

The rose garden had a lovely, sweet smell. I sat for a while and watched the sky and the people.

I marvel at the ability of the gardeners to produce such thriving plants; I could never make such a garden on my own. It's much nicer to visit from time to time and let others worry about the pruning and mulching.
Name: Tess
Home: St. Louis
2 Comments:
I love your comment re: in-utero-portability. Hope you're feeling well!
I thought about in-utero portability again when we loaded up the car with furniture from IKEA. There's no way the 4 of us would have fit in the car without having one on the inside!
Post a Comment
<< Home