Arch Words

Reflections on art, politics, parenting, and life in the Midwest

Name: Tess Home: St. Louis

I'm now a graduate student in public health at Washington University in St. Louis... as well as a writer, parent, and teacher. I haven't updated this blog recently, but I may come back to it in the future.


E-mail: tessthompson (at) hotmail (dot) com

Saturday, October 15, 2005

Saturday Art

I thought overall it would be a damaging friendship
I Thought Overall It Would be a Damaging Friendship, pencil on paper

Here's my new project. I'll be making drawings based on titles that I've collected over the years. My plan is to use people as the subject matter. I'll be trying to find the emotion in the sentence and represent it with a gesture or the composition (I failed this type of project in the only graphic design class I had in college. I thought you all should know).

This particular drawing is tiny, but I'm not sure if I'll keep them all small. Hopefully over time I'll be able to make the drawings more complex by either using the whole person or a few people.

1 Comments:

Blogger Tess said...

That looks like a very uncomfortable hand--like the thumb is squishing something.

My favorite title suggestion for you is The Triumph of Art over Furniture, but I'm not sure it really fits with your general idea.

Tess

1:43 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home