Arch Words

Reflections on art, politics, parenting, and life in the Midwest

Name: Tess Home: St. Louis

I'm now a graduate student in public health at Washington University in St. Louis... as well as a writer, parent, and teacher. I haven't updated this blog recently, but I may come back to it in the future.


E-mail: tessthompson (at) hotmail (dot) com

Wednesday, October 19, 2005

Toddler Parenting Tools

Last weekend, I made 5 dozen pumpkin cookies using the recipe here. Because I have no friends in Missouri, we were forced to eat them all ourselves. I highly recommend them for vegetable-challenged toddlers, since it's a fairly healthful recipe (even more so if you substitute 1 cup whole wheat flour for white). If you think "healthful cookies" should be an oxymoron, you can substitute chocolate chips for the raisins and walnuts.

* * *

At Karen's request, I'm including links to the Endless Noah song here and here. Note to parents of toddlers: BE CAREFUL introducing this song, or you may find yourself singing it all the time. Gone are the days when I could sing Ben to sleep with the songs I like; these days, it's likely to be a combination of the alphabet song (which Ben calls "E"), C is for Cookie, and "Wawa" (aka Noah).



Photo by knuddelbacke on flickr.com.

6 Comments:

Blogger Precie said...

Heaven help me...I learned part of the Noah song from The Simpsons...Ned Flanders sang it with his kids once...The song and the show are forever intertwined for me.

8:26 AM  
Blogger Precie said...

Oh, and of course, thanks for the cookie recipe!!!! Can't wait to try it!

8:27 AM  
Blogger Tess said...

Oh, I know--last weekend, Tom and I sang it in the car for Ben, and all I could think was, "How did we become the Flanders family?!?"

Tess

8:28 AM  
Blogger Tonya said...

Thanks for the recipe. I will definitely be baking those yummy treats!

9:10 AM  
Blogger Kristen Gill, Marketing Manager said...

By the way, Tess, I went out to buy two cans of pumpkin yesterday. And tonight, after my walk, I am making pumpkin bread and pumpkin cookies. Thanks for "planting the seed" so to speak.

It rained and poured for 40 daysies daysies...

9:32 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

A: I am so excited about the cookies. We are making them tomorrow.

B: I love the Noah song. We sing it all the time. DH and I even had a disagreement about the words and I had to Google it!!

12:42 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home