Arch Words

Reflections on art, politics, parenting, and life in the Midwest

Name: Tess Home: St. Louis

I'm now a graduate student in public health at Washington University in St. Louis... as well as a writer, parent, and teacher. I haven't updated this blog recently, but I may come back to it in the future.


E-mail: tessthompson (at) hotmail (dot) com

Sunday, March 19, 2006

Flowers

In the next 24 hours, we're supposed to have a storm of sleet and snow, so I wanted to document some of the flowers in our yard beforehand. Some of these are bulbs I planted last fall, and some are delightful surprises from the previous owners. Growing up, I remember my parents taking a tour of the yard on weekends to look for the first buds and flowers. While I know hardly anything about gardening, I love having some flowers of my own.

One of my daffodils:



A mysterious bud:


Not sure the name of this one:


A daffodil-like flower planted by previous owners:


Hyacinths:

2 Comments:

Blogger Milliner's Dream, a woman of many "hats"... said...

We have our first daffs in the front yard; a lonely pair waiting for the others to come out and join them in their sunbathing!

Hh

1:51 PM  
Blogger Carrie Lofty said...

I loved our first spring in our Cincinnati house because of the previous owners' flowers coming up. But then, their neglect about the weeds and crabgrass soon showed, as well. Hope the storm doesn't take out too much!!

5:40 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home