Murderball

I'm scrambling to get things done before I go on a trip, so I don't have time for a full review of Murderball. I just want to say: See this movie. It's out on video, so you have no excuse. The documentary provides an unsentimental look at quadriplegic rugby, aka "murderball." It manages to sidestep the feel-good cliches that usually accompany Hollywood portrayals of disability and instead shows the lives and passions of these highly competitive young men. It educates without being preachy, and the faceoff with Team Canada provided just enough drama to give the story a narrative arc. March of the Penguins was nice enough, but this documentary should have won the Oscar.
Name: Tess
Home: St. Louis
3 Comments:
It's next on our Netflix queue. I'll let you know what I think afterwards.
It's got to be better than the last one we had. Don't bother with "The Aristocrats". TERRIBLE. We actually turned it off 15 min. in. We're not prude by any stretch of the imagination & it was disgusting!
But I digress...I am looking forward to "Murderball."
Oh, really? I was looking forward to seeing The Aristocrats, but maybe now I'll think twice. I saw an ad for Disney's The Aristocats, and all I could think about was dirty jokes.
You'll love it if you like jokes about incest, defecating into other people's mouths, puking, peeing on people, etc., etc.
I tried to hang with it, I really did. I mean I understood & appreciated the concept, but c'mon! We NEVER turn movies off, but I just couldn't take it. Talk about a gross-out fest. Yuck.
Post a Comment
<< Home