Arch Words

Reflections on art, politics, parenting, and life in the Midwest

Name: Tess Home: St. Louis

I'm now a graduate student in public health at Washington University in St. Louis... as well as a writer, parent, and teacher. I haven't updated this blog recently, but I may come back to it in the future.


E-mail: tessthompson (at) hotmail (dot) com

Sunday, June 11, 2006

Within My Flower

Today I discovered that my moss roses, so glorious in the sunshine, fold into tight buds in the rain. They and this Emily Dickinson poem match my mood today.



I hide myself within my flower,
That wearing on your breast,
You, unsuspecting, wear me too —
And angels know the rest.

I hide myself within my flower,
That, fading from your vase,
You, unsuspecting, feel for me
Almost a loneliness.

1 Comments:

Blogger Precie said...

I hope all is well. Turning inward can be healthy...but don't forget to open up again! People won't let you stay furled for too long! :)

7:32 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home