Arch Words

Reflections on art, politics, parenting, and life in the Midwest

Name: Tess Home: St. Louis

I'm now a graduate student in public health at Washington University in St. Louis... as well as a writer, parent, and teacher. I haven't updated this blog recently, but I may come back to it in the future.


E-mail: tessthompson (at) hotmail (dot) com

Thursday, September 28, 2006

Dept. of Useless Trivia


According to Yahoo News, a new study from the UK "found that women with ring fingers longer than their index fingers had performed better at running and associated running sports such as soccer and tennis." The authors suggest that their work "could help identify talented individuals at a pre-competitive stage."

I checked, and sure enough, my ring finger is decidedly longer than my index finger. My family would probably find it funny to learn that I demonstrate this characteristic; in my immediate family I am considered the least athletic (although I do exercise 5-7 times a week when not in the grasp of a horrendous cold).

1 Comments:

Blogger Milliner's Dream, a woman of many "hats"... said...

Thankfully, my ring finger is shorter, so I have nothing to live up to, since I am also decidedly unathethically inclined (but force myself when not post-op to work out.)

Hh

6:55 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home