Arch Words

Reflections on art, politics, parenting, and life in the Midwest

Name: Tess Home: St. Louis

I'm now a graduate student in public health at Washington University in St. Louis... as well as a writer, parent, and teacher. I haven't updated this blog recently, but I may come back to it in the future.


E-mail: tessthompson (at) hotmail (dot) com

Tuesday, September 19, 2006

Congratulations to Kaela!

Here at Arch Words, you hear a lot about artistic struggles. Today, though, I want to give a public round of applause to Kaela, who sold her very first children's illustration. "Dogs Eating" will appear in an upcoming issue of the Society of Children's Book Writers & Illustrators Bulletin. Congratulations!

5 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Yay, Kaela! That's great!!!! Congratulations! :) And I am sure they will want "Dogs Snow-Tubing" as soon as they see it! :)

7:02 PM  
Blogger Carrie Lofty said...

My girls love your dog paintings, so here's hoping we see more of them in the future - with more cash!!

5:56 AM  
Blogger Kaela said...

Thanks! I know I talk a lot about money, but it's so tied in to the value of things, like it or not. I didn't achieve professional status as an illustrator until I got paid... even though I have the same skills today as I did a week ago.

But maybe I'll try to stop complaining about it... it probably makes me seem sort of shallow.

11:15 AM  
Blogger tom said...

yay kaela!

it never struck me that you complained about money. not anymore than any other human.

anyway: yay!

12:27 PM  
Blogger Milliner's Dream, a woman of many "hats"... said...

Woohoo! I enjoy Kaela's art here so much! Congrats...

Hh

9:53 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home