Saturday Art

Kaela is off camping this weekend, so she asked me if she could post art later in the week. Determined to have Saturday art but lacking in artistic talent, I came up with the idea of showing my readers an early Parkhouse. When Kaela and I were roommates at Penn State, I talked her into submitting art to Problem Child, the literary magazine of the University Scholars Program. This piece was a back cover of the magazine during Tom's tenure as co-editor. Later, when I became a co-editor, I'd photocopy pictures out of Kaela's sketchbook when we needed more illustrations. I hope Kaela's future biographer will note my role in discovering her. When I realize how long ago we were roommates, I feel very old.
This pencil drawing is made entirely by repeating the letter D. I apologize for the poor quality of the photograph.
Name: Tess
Home: St. Louis
2 Comments:
Is that, by chance, a representation of Tom? :) I love that it's made out of Ds.
WOW!!! That is amazing.
Hh
Post a Comment
<< Home