Saturday Art... on a Tuesday

This isn't anything terribly fancy... I just read a great how-to watercolor book that - for once - wasn't filled with pictures of boats. God! Why does anyone want to paint a picture of a sailboat? Anyway, this book (which I can't find right now to tell you what it is) is by a Japanese artist and maybe that makes all the difference. His pictures are beautiful and his techniques aren't fussy or boring. He said if you shade a drawing enough with your pencil you'll only need the lightest washes of color to finish the picture. And that's what I was trying out here. I sat on my second story roof and painted a pretty crummy building behind my house. I had a good time doing it, and I think his technique worked okay.
Name: Tess
Home: St. Louis
0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home