Arch Words

Reflections on art, politics, parenting, and life in the Midwest

Name: Tess Home: St. Louis

I'm now a graduate student in public health at Washington University in St. Louis... as well as a writer, parent, and teacher. I haven't updated this blog recently, but I may come back to it in the future.


E-mail: tessthompson (at) hotmail (dot) com

Sunday, July 08, 2007

Done



The kitchen is done. At last.

We finally have a normal sink. The stainless steel monstrosity now resides in the basement as part of the laundry area.



The house feels so much more functional now. We've certainly learned a lot about home improvement--and I'm so glad we don't renovate houses for a living.

6 Comments:

Blogger Carrie Lofty said...

That is gorgeous! Congratulations!

7:46 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

wow! that rocks...looks fabulous.

8:27 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Oooh, very nice. Don't let your Habitat for Humanity chapter know what you know how to do. :) :) ... Speaking of: can I interest you in a trip to northeast PA? :) :)

5:57 PM  
Blogger Kaela said...

It looks great!

1:14 PM  
Blogger Big_Daddy said...

Colors and finishes look really nice.

It seems unusual to see a stove without a cabinet on both sides. so much so that I wonder if it is not a building code to have them on there? On second thought it's probably a best practice sort of thing not a code... Don't mind me, I'm an engineer and can't help myself and that's more an architect issue.

The kitchen looks beautiful.

11:02 PM  
Blogger emily said...

Tess,

Your kitchen looks GORGEOUS!

I'm just getting caught up on the last few days of your blog, and hope to comment on the latest entries also.

WOW to the kitchen. You COULD be decorators! hahaha

Hope to see you next week, but completely understand if our schedules don't mesh.

Emily

1:23 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home