Arch Words

Reflections on art, politics, parenting, and life in the Midwest

Name: Tess Home: St. Louis

I'm now a graduate student in public health at Washington University in St. Louis... as well as a writer, parent, and teacher. I haven't updated this blog recently, but I may come back to it in the future.


E-mail: tessthompson (at) hotmail (dot) com

Tuesday, August 23, 2005

Blogtastic Interview


Today is the first in a series of occasional interviews with people who make the blogosphere more interesting. KikiGill started blogging in July 2005 and now maintains two blogs: Kiki and the Lou and Picture Essays. She inspired many women from her birth board (Babycenter’s May 2004 moms), including me, to start blogging.

1) What made you decide to start blogging?
I love to write and I love to have people read what I write. Over the years, I have exhausted my family's willingness to hang on my every word, so I turn to the internet where there is always some new reader stumbling across my blog. I try to keep topics that are both personally therapeutic and entertaining in a more general way.

2) What post is your favorite, and why?

I think Lazy Lobster Eater, because it accomplishes my two goals: it is personally therapeutic and revealing of larger, human, truths. The Cookie Lady of Manchester-by-the-Sea is vivid and tight like I feel a well written essay should be. And (yes, you had to know I couldn't pick just one!) Dwarf Baby is so weird and offbeat.

3) How does it feel to have inspired lots of women on Babycenter to start blogs?

Pretty darn special. I love that I am getting to know people on another level. I don't think we are all just imaginary friends, but instead real people who really do get along or debate each other based on real beliefs.

4) Which blogs do you read regularly?

All of the links I put on my sidebar. I also like to find new ones that are offbeat and humorous. I add them to my sidebar when I find them, though.

5) What's the weirdest or most annoying blog you've come across?
Well...there was that woman who posted a comment on my parrot post and she had a parrot-themed blog. I love when I get comments, I think they are even left by software programs, that say something like this: "Nice blog, I am impressed. I have one about different chandeliers...check it out at...."

6) What aspect of blogging do you enjoy most?

My brain works so relationally not linearly...this is a perfect medium for that type of mind. I can start a topic, find a picture, find other blogs to reference and pop back to my blog. It keeps me webbing to other places....Does that make any sense? OH...AND I LOVE THE COMMENTS!! Come read my blog!


1 Comments:

Blogger Kristen Gill, Marketing Manager said...

Awwwww...thank you so much, Tess...I feel like a celebrity!!!

11:10 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home