Arch Words

Reflections on art, politics, parenting, and life in the Midwest

Name: Tess Home: St. Louis

I'm now a graduate student in public health at Washington University in St. Louis... as well as a writer, parent, and teacher. I haven't updated this blog recently, but I may come back to it in the future.


E-mail: tessthompson (at) hotmail (dot) com

Wednesday, August 24, 2005

My New Bedspread

My in-laws recently sent us a housewarming present: a beautiful quilt handmade by the Amish in Lancaster County, Pennsylvania.

I thought I was used to the strange place names in that part of the country. I only giggle inwardly when we pass Lititz or Mount Joy. But I had to laugh when I saw that our new bedspread was made in Intercourse.

Two products of Intercourse on our bed.

5 Comments:

Blogger Precie said...

Tess---Beautiful quilt, and LOL! at the caption! Both beautiful products!

6:43 AM  
Blogger Kristen Gill, Marketing Manager said...

LMAO at the picture subtitle!! AND coveting jealous feelings about your ability to make a picture caption...how did you do that?

8:51 AM  
Blogger Shekky said...

LOL! That's uh, interesting.

8:59 AM  
Blogger Kristen Gill, Marketing Manager said...

In response to your comment on my blog...I think there are many people who are not deep like we are and therefore live simpler existences...aka...non-neurotic existences. I have decided it is not bone cancer, but instead the fact that I needed new sneakers.

7:21 AM  
Blogger Kellee said...

Too funny! Gorgeous quilt!

8:30 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home