Arch Words

Reflections on art, politics, parenting, and life in the Midwest

Name: Tess Home: St. Louis

I'm now a graduate student in public health at Washington University in St. Louis... as well as a writer, parent, and teacher. I haven't updated this blog recently, but I may come back to it in the future.


E-mail: tessthompson (at) hotmail (dot) com

Saturday, September 03, 2005

Saturday Art

Join Arch Words every Saturday for an original piece of artwork.



Ocean at the Jersey Shore, pastel on construction paper, by Kaela Parkhouse


6 Comments:

Blogger Kristen Gill, Marketing Manager said...

OH! I love that one Kaela and Tess! Beeeeeeeuuuuutifullll...

7:24 AM  
Blogger Carrie Lofty said...

I adore working with pastels. You just really can't mess up - everything looks so soft and dreamlike when you're finished :)

8:15 AM  
Blogger Shekky said...

I love it. It's like a little piece of calm for my mind when everything else around me feels like helplessness lately.

9:19 AM  
Blogger aangelgoddess said...

Very beautiful...so peaceful and soft.

Angel

9:45 AM  
Blogger Tess said...

Kaela--I think it's interesting that all three of the pieces you've contributed so far involve water. They provide a nice counterpoint to all the horrible water images we've been seeing lately.

Tess

11:36 AM  
Blogger Lisa said...

Beautiful :)

9:33 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home