My Cute Kid

Today I make no attempt at social relevance. To go along with my post from last week about exasperating toddler behavior, today I have compiled a list of cute toddler behavior. Yes, my blog has descended into cute things my kid does, but I'm getting sentimental because he's starting part-time day care on Monday. Maybe by next week I'll be ready to write about crimes against humanity again.
1. Ben asks to wear his Chinese shirt from Uncle Trey. He'll pull it out of the hamper, bring it over to us, and indicate with urgent gestures that he wants to wear it. When he has it on, he looks down and smiles.
2. As I mentioned yesterday, Ben can hoot and say "owl."
3. He gives us spontaneous hugs. Sometimes he leans against me, pats my leg, and says, "Mama."
4. He takes books off our shelves and carries them around. It's adorable to see a little toddler lugging around big fat Penguin Classics. He has been on a Dickens kick lately--he brings David Copperfield over to Tom and begs to be read to. Unfortunately, like many of the ninth graders I taught, he loses interest halfway through the first sentence.
5. He's understanding more and more every day. I showed him a picture in the paper of a baby wearing sunglasses and asked, "Should we get you some sunglasses?" Ben thought for a moment, and then went over to his Mr. Potatohead Bucket of Parts, pulled out the little plastic glasses, and tried to put them on.
6. He has figured out how to fill up his watering can in the bath tub. This was both cute and exasperating yesterday, because I was trying to clean up the house and Ben was watering the floor of the bathroom.
Does your kid do cute things? Leave a comment and share!
Name: Tess
Home: St. Louis
5 Comments:
Evan is obsessed with climbing in our pantry. He'll put the bottom drawer out and sit and snack until you get him out. He also has learned to sit and play at the puter just like the big kids. He'll go turn the TV way up so you have to get up and then he runs and jumps in the puter chair giggling the whole time!! He's such a shit right now.
Thomas loves books. Anything with Elmo on it. He'll just carry his favorite of the day around with him and occasionally plop himself down on the floor and start flipping through the pages.
Juliette (3yo in October) has decided to start doing jumping jacks. I think she saw it on Sesame Street with their new "get healthy" themes. But it looks like a bunch of flailing and clapping, hair flying around. I about peed my pants trying not to laugh so hard that she'd take offense :)
OMG! Your boy is so smaht! I cannot believe he brought you those little glasses...How neat!
Elena does this:
3. He gives us spontaneous hugs. Sometimes he leans against me, pats my leg, and says, "Mama."
AND, it positively melts my heart.
Can Uncle Trey also get Miss G a chinese shirt? That is too cute!!!!
Post a Comment
<< Home