Arch Words
Reflections on art, politics, parenting, and life in the Midwest
Name: Tess
Home: St. LouisI'm now a graduate student in public health at Washington University in St. Louis... as well as a writer, parent, and teacher. I haven't updated this blog recently, but I may come back to it in the future.
E-mail: tessthompson (at) hotmail (dot) com


5 Comments:
Is that one of your green glasses? It makes me nostalgic just thinking about them. Also, did you add some watercolor?
Feel free to post whatever commentary you want with the pictures!
Tess
I love that kind of "scribble" art. Please forgive me, I don't know the proper term. But I really like pictures drawn with those neat squiggles.
No, it's not one of my green glasses. I broke most of that set and bought clear replacement glasses. Same shape though.
I did add an ink wash on the drawing for the shadows. I just felt like drawing something very light and so I used materials that would look light no matter how much I scratched away at it.
Have you rever remembered a lesson from a very long time ago at just the right time? I decided to draw a glass with pencil and ink and was just ready to begin in my regular old manner of doing so when I remembered it. A great teacher I had for my first drawing class at Penn State showed us how to draw with different marks like circles or squares or any mark you could repeat. I thought some squiggles would lighten up an otherwise formal and boring object.
I'm pleased with the outcome mostly because I've been drawing in the same dark crosshatching manner for years and was happy that out of nowhere came this little idea.
Wow, Kaela, that's really cool. (I am sorry I don't have a more artistic comment to make, but hopefully you can settle for an impressed "Golly!") I also liked your previous piece as well.
OOOOO!!! I just LOVE that glass. I have always been a huge fan of found objects.
Post a Comment
<< Home