Arch Words

Reflections on art, politics, parenting, and life in the Midwest

Name: Tess Home: St. Louis

I'm now a graduate student in public health at Washington University in St. Louis... as well as a writer, parent, and teacher. I haven't updated this blog recently, but I may come back to it in the future.


E-mail: tessthompson (at) hotmail (dot) com

Friday, October 28, 2005

Happy 40th Birthday!


Arch Words extends a hearty happy 40th birthday to the St. Louis Gateway Arch!

The "topping off" was 40 years ago today.




You can read about the planned festivities here, and the St. Louis Post-Dispatch has a timeline, a collection of readers' memories, and more information about the arch here. Finally, if you missed my adventures with the arch, you can read about them here and here.

Photo from www.stltoday.com.

2 Comments:

Blogger Milliner's Dream, a woman of many "hats"... said...

My husband said JUST YESTERDAY, "Why aren't we building anything like the St. Louis Arch anymore?"

I remember my visit fondly as a kid and enjoy the pics on your blog of it and stories.

Hh

8:20 AM  
Blogger Francesca said...

I saw the oddest photograph of the arch on the news this morning, superimposed on the White House. I'm not sure what the message was intended to be, but it was a chilling image nonetheless.

11:29 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home