Arch Words

Reflections on art, politics, parenting, and life in the Midwest

Name: Tess Home: St. Louis

I'm now a graduate student in public health at Washington University in St. Louis... as well as a writer, parent, and teacher. I haven't updated this blog recently, but I may come back to it in the future.


E-mail: tessthompson (at) hotmail (dot) com

Tuesday, May 23, 2006

Watch This: The Office

I don't have much time because Kaela and Mike and their daughter Antje are in town (pictures to come), but we were just talking about The Office (American version) and agreed that it's one of the best shows on TV. In the past several episodes, the idiosyncratic couples have come into sharper focus--each pair believable and funny in a different way. I thought the season finale--in which one character finally makes a declaration of love--rivaled Pride and Prejudice in both social satire and romance. If you haven't been watching it, try to catch up this summer so you'll be ready for the second full season.

4 Comments:

Blogger Tse Family said...

We love this show! We got into it later on so the reruns this summer will be new to us.
Can't wait to find out what happens next fall!

7:43 PM  
Blogger Kellee said...

I just put this in my Netflix queue yesterday! Between you & my friend Stacy (& now Nicci) raving about it, I can't wait!

8:02 PM  
Blogger Kellee said...

OMG! We are HOOKED! We watched the entire first season on DVD in one night! The next night we watched all of the deleted scenes. We are catching up on the reruns of this season this summer!

LOVE IT! Don't think I've laughed out loud at a tv show in a long, long time!

3:46 PM  
Blogger Tess said...

Yay! I'm so glad you liked it. It's my favorite show.

4:07 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home