Arch Words

Reflections on art, politics, parenting, and life in the Midwest

Name: Tess Home: St. Louis

I'm now a graduate student in public health at Washington University in St. Louis... as well as a writer, parent, and teacher. I haven't updated this blog recently, but I may come back to it in the future.


E-mail: tessthompson (at) hotmail (dot) com

Friday, June 16, 2006

Got Culture?


I'm so excited--tonight we're going to see the St. Louis Shakespeare Festival performance of Julius Caesar. I taught the play to 9th graders three years in a row--and still have a good portion of the "I come to bury Caesar not to praise him" speech memorized--so I'm interested to see what the company does with it. It's an open-air performance in Forest Park, and you can bring your own food, blankets, and lawn chairs.

When you become a parent, attending a cultural event feels like an achievement; it's easier just to collapse on the couch at the end of the day. Luckily, our babysitter was available on short notice and we can afford the tickets (because they're free), so we can stay up past our bedtimes and absorb some culture.


Photo by iirraa on flickr.com.

1 Comments:

Blogger Milliner's Dream, a woman of many "hats"... said...

I'm jealous...(in a good way, of course.)

Some of my fondest "cultural" memories are going to Stratford-upon-Avon in Ontario, Canada in my youth with high school Honor Society and fellow Shakespeare class members...theatre in the round.

Hh

2:29 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home