Saturday Art
I haven't finished any of the cartoon paintings so here's something else:

nineteen, oil on canvas, by Kaela Parkhouse
I finished this painting a few years ago (it's a scan of a slide so the skin tones are a little flat... but it's close enough). I did it in oil, and it's about life-sized. It's one of the few really successful oil paintings that I've ever done. Completing this was so gratifying I felt like I could be done oil painting for good (I had promised myself in college that only once I followed through with painting fully [painting full time, trying to market myself, blah blah blah] could I choose another goal. I did, and I have).

nineteen, oil on canvas, by Kaela Parkhouse
I finished this painting a few years ago (it's a scan of a slide so the skin tones are a little flat... but it's close enough). I did it in oil, and it's about life-sized. It's one of the few really successful oil paintings that I've ever done. Completing this was so gratifying I felt like I could be done oil painting for good (I had promised myself in college that only once I followed through with painting fully [painting full time, trying to market myself, blah blah blah] could I choose another goal. I did, and I have).
Name: Tess
Home: St. Louis
3 Comments:
WOW~! I wish I could have you do paintings like these of my manboys~!
Hh
i've always liked this painting, kaela. it always reminds me of some of edvard munch's portraits.
over the past week i read the recent biography of munch, _behind the scream_. i've been meaning to suggest it to you to read. an excerpt of it is here:.
i can't seem to find the portraits i'm thinking of in a good form online, but his self-portrait with cigarette, portrait of dagny, and portrait of jacobson are all the kind of thing i mean.
Wow, thanks. That is really a gigantic compliment.
Post a Comment
<< Home