A Walk in the Woods

I can tell I'm homesick for Pennsylvania because I've started trying to plan Christmas vacation. I also want to go through all my vacation pictures from this summer, order some prints, and put them in an album. In the meantime, here are a few pictures of a walk in the woods at Stone Valley:
Reeds:

A frog:

Mushrooms:

Name: Tess
Home: St. Louis
3 Comments:
I love looking at mushrooms. I can't really say why though. Have you read the book called A Walk in the Woods by Bill Bryson? Excellent read, very very good if you haven't read it.
I also wondered if you were echo-ing Bill Bryson's title. I bought the title in "book-on-CD" format for my previously long commute. It was narrated by Bill himself, of his trials and triumphs in walking the AT. Highly recommended, as are several of his other titles (which I read in plain ol' paper format).
I'm sorry to hear that your homesick though. We were in part of Pennsylvania last week (we visited Sesame Place). It was my first time near the Philly area, it seems very nice.
My husband has fond memories of going to Sesame Place when he was little--he grew up nearby.
I've heard of the Bryson book, and while I've enjoyed other books by him, I haven't read that particular one.
Kaela, do I remember seeing a copy at your house? Can I borrow it over Christmas?
Post a Comment
<< Home