Arch Words

Reflections on art, politics, parenting, and life in the Midwest

Name: Tess Home: St. Louis

I'm now a graduate student in public health at Washington University in St. Louis... as well as a writer, parent, and teacher. I haven't updated this blog recently, but I may come back to it in the future.


E-mail: tessthompson (at) hotmail (dot) com

Wednesday, August 02, 2006

A Few Things....

1) I am enchanted with my site meter. (It's at the very bottom of the page.) While I haven't figured out how to get it to display a running total of the number of visitors (and if you know, please leave a comment), I have been enjoying seeing who visits and how they found my blog; the latest visitor googled "toddler hits himself and bangs his head" and came up with this post from last year. I can see the ISP location of my visitors and make guesses as to who is reading when. I can see how long people stay. Why didn't I do this sooner?

2) Thanks to Hannah for submitting a post I wrote about militant breastfeeding to SisterhoodSix's Nursing Carnival. SisterhoodSix has had an interesting few weeks; one of their writers was quoted in an article about the Babytalk magazine cover, and her words about nursing in public have spurred quite a debate.

3) The St. Louis Writers Guild used one of my photographs of the balloon race at Forest Park as the member picture for August. The picture, which originally appeared in glorious color here, has been transformed to black and white. It's hard to believe it's only a month until this year's balloon race. If we're developing a list of annual events, I guess that means we're starting to become settled in St. Louis.

3 Comments:

Blogger Liz said...

Gonzo!!!

6:48 AM  
Blogger Precie said...

Aha! After a little play with sitemeter, I found that, once you're logged into sitemeter, go to the Manager area. On the left, one of the options is Meter Style. You can select from a limited number of style options, only some of which show the actual visitor count.

1:09 PM  
Blogger Tess said...

Thanks, Precie!

Now I'm not sure I like the look of black on brown. Hmmmm.....

2:10 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home