Arch Words

Reflections on art, politics, parenting, and life in the Midwest

Name: Tess Home: St. Louis

I'm now a graduate student in public health at Washington University in St. Louis... as well as a writer, parent, and teacher. I haven't updated this blog recently, but I may come back to it in the future.


E-mail: tessthompson (at) hotmail (dot) com

Sunday, April 01, 2007

Faith and Politics

I just read an interesting interview with Democratic candidate John Edwards on BeliefNet, in which he discusses everything from the size of his house to whether God is a Republican or a Democrat. While I don't agree with everything he says, he has clearly thought a lot about the intersection of faith and politics.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Interesting link...I did just give a few $$ to John Edwards over the weekend (just in time for 1st Quarter totals!) and I've mentioned before that I am supporting him so far this time around. After reading his interview on faith and politics, like you I didn't agree with everything he said. (I think Edwards is more traditionalist than me in his religion--he is, after all, a Southern Baptist!) But I did agree with most of it, and I really liked his focus on fighting against selfishness and war, concern with poverty and health care, etc.

12:09 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home