Arch Words

Reflections on art, politics, parenting, and life in the Midwest

Name: Tess Home: St. Louis

I'm now a graduate student in public health at Washington University in St. Louis... as well as a writer, parent, and teacher. I haven't updated this blog recently, but I may come back to it in the future.


E-mail: tessthompson (at) hotmail (dot) com

Thursday, February 19, 2009

A Poem

This month, the online magazine Literary Mama has published a poem of mine called "Meeting the Train." When Ben was a baby, I didn't have time to write very much, but I did write several poems that captured the disorientation and emotional rawness of being a new mother. Now when I have similar experiences with Meg, it's comforting to think of those poems and remember I've been through this once before. I may be horrible at scrapbooking or filling out baby books, but at least I get words down on paper sometimes.

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Ah, the days when I only knew you as writermama!!

Love this poem, especially the firefly.

6:01 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Congratulations on the publication, Tess.
The poem brought back memories for me, too--some essence of the whole newborn experience is universal, isn't it?

5:51 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home