Arch Words

Reflections on art, politics, parenting, and life in the Midwest

Name: Tess Home: St. Louis

I'm now a graduate student in public health at Washington University in St. Louis... as well as a writer, parent, and teacher. I haven't updated this blog recently, but I may come back to it in the future.


E-mail: tessthompson (at) hotmail (dot) com

Friday, October 23, 2009

Is This Thing On?

Yes, it's been a while, hasn't it?

Since Meg was born, I've composed many blog posts in my head, on topics ranging from running (which I am somehow doing several times a week) to Missouri's dumb new texting law (it's illegal to text and drive--but only if you're 21 or younger), but none of these posts have made it from my head to the keyboard to the computer screen. Now that the baby's napping more consistently, I've resolved that some of my ideas will actually make it into cyberspace.

I credit two things with giving me the nudge to log into Blogger today: 1) I just finished reading It Sucked and Then I Cried, a memoir by Dooce/Heather Armstrong, and 2) my friend Karen emailed me recently to say she sometimes thinks of the questions I asked myself when Meg was in the hospital last winter. Both of those things reminded me that putting words on the page or screen can influence people in big and little ways.

So it's fall, and the leaves outside our new front windows glow a gorgeous yellow-orange. The baby is asleep and the house is quiet. And here I am, coffee mug by my side, writing again.

3 Comments:

Blogger emily said...

Hooray! Welcome back!

10:24 AM  
Blogger Counting_Blessings said...

yeah!!

7:06 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Cool story you got here. It would be great to read a bit more concerning that topic.
By the way check the design I've made myself High class escort

5:32 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home